Friday, August 2, 2013

Stoked to Get Back to Tally!

    Today is my last day in the office of Voluntario Global, and it has given me a chance to reflect a little bit about my trip over the whole summer. I am about to finish my 12th week in Buenos Aires, and believe me it has gone by extremely fast. It feels like yesterday I was on my way to my first meeting in the heat, wearing a short leave shirt and running shorts, and now i’m bundling up because it feels like it could snow out at any moment.                

Yesterday at my final meeting, where I officially “completed” my internship, I recapped on all the things I did throughout my internship for the office, which included me updating all of the social media outlets everyday, translating documents from Spanish to English, communicating between all the different partners of Voluntario Global to maintain a strong relationship between the different organizations, and finally, updating the blog database and the website. I feel like I have accomplished a lot in my time here in the office, as well as made an impact in the structure and the efficiency in the marketing and communications department.                                                   

As far as my overall experience goes, Argentina is an extremely special place. Visiting Iguazu Falls was one of the most incredible things I have ever seen, and meeting all the awesome people I have met that include locals, as well as guests at the hostel or other volunteers, I can honestly say has had an effect on my outlook on life. I  know that every time  I leave the US I am a little bit different when I come back. The last time I left it wasn´t so easy to feel the change because it was more gradual and I was much younger, but now that I am older I can better see how my future is forming before my eyes using the experiences I have gained. I am excited to utilize the skills and attitude I have gained in this internship in my future endeavours. I am also walking out of this whole thing with 3 letters of recommendation, each in two languages, two more jobs on my resume, and a certificate of completion from my coordinator, which is cool. The more I have to show how hard I actually worked her, the better off I feel I will be in the long run.                                    

Since this is the last article I have to write, the only things I have to worry about now are putting together my entire Capstone Project for Omprakash, which I am going to write a hardcopy of on the 20 hour plane ride back, then transfer it digitally whenever it is that I get a new computer (I hope youre reading this Global Scholars people). My shuttle leaves Buenos Aires center tomorrow at 12, and I won't make it back to my bed in Tallahassee for a complete 24 hours. I am excited to get back, see my friends, and most of all to go get CHIPOTLE. It’s been real BA!      

No comments:

Post a Comment