Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 2 in Costa: So It Begins [J]

Meradith, founder of AM,
getting her dance on.
Closing in on my second week in Potrero, the real work has begun. I have spent the bulk of my days seeking out and executing interviews with community members. The goal is to interview as many locals as possible in order to gain meaningful statistical data that represents the total population of Potrero. The population is categorized into five groups: students, parents of students, adult students, business owners, and local non-participants of Abriendo Mentes. I find much of the feedback I have received fascinating. The organization has gained a high degree of trust in me. They have given me much of the responsibility in the project, I now work mostly on my own. Their trust inspires me to stay focused and work diligently. Having said that, today, Saturday, is my day off to explore the surrounding areas. Therefor, I am kicking the day off with a discounted yoga class, then am off to a nearby tourist hotspot, Tamarindo beach. Hasta luego amigos.

Here are two pictures from the annual end of school year party AM puts on for the community.

Olivier took control of the dance floor.

2 comments:

  1. Me encanta ver lo entusiasmado que estas,me alegra verte contento.
    Un abrazo mi amor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos! That's great you're doing yoga--woohoo!

    ReplyDelete