Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Time for Reflection

So now I'm past my halfway point, and to be honest I didn't think I could make it this far given how difficult the first few weeks were. After spending some time in the villages I returned to the city with a renewed appreciation to my surroundings. The incessant honking and filth are, surprisingly, a welcomed sight. 

When I'm not in the office I like to walk around the city and watch everyone else go about their day. Today I walked back from work and a little girl came out of her little home. She was dressed in a frilly pink and white dress and walked clumsily in her mom's white heels. When she caught me looking, she immediately ran inside but as I kept on walking I spotted her looking out the window at me. I smiled and waved, and she returned the smile. I don't know why it got to me, but this moment makes me extremely happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment