Wednesday, May 8, 2013

On my way to Uganda

I am sitting in the Amsterdam airport, and it seems like this is the first time in the past few weeks that I have been able to sit and gather my thoughts about the upcoming experience. Between finals, the GRE, graduation and family coming into town, I haven't had much time for much of anything besides school. The past few days have been nerve-wrecking because I have only a vague impression of what is going to happen over the next 2 months. However, it seems as though the airports have had a strangely comforting effect on me because my anxiety has subsided and I am excited for what has yet to come. I have been abroad before, but this time seems different from the others. It may be because this time is less "supervised" but I am thankful Ashley and Kate are in the same unknown boat as I am. It also could be that I am going to be much more immersed in the local culture in this experience, but that is something that I welcome and look forward to. I know we are all ready to be there, especially after a long day of flying, and find out what this experience has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment