Thursday, May 9, 2013

One week away!

In exactly one week I will be departing for Hyderabad, India in which I'm sure I will meet my host family heavily jet-lagged, but also extremely ecstatic to begin the internship. Currently I am in California exploring perks of the region with my boyfriend before heading to India out of San Francisco. Throughout the past couple of months this trip and all of the preparations for it (I believe the healing of the bruise from my Yellow fever vaccine officially gives me the "go" for my journey) have lingered much in my thoughts. In fact, I have a feeling that the reality of immersing myself within the culture will surface once I hear the pilot state our altitude and announcement of the coming descent into the Hyderabad airport. I am also trying to breathe in the crisp California air as much as possible before popping out my mosquito net and hair bands to embrace the intense heat of the region that Padma, my host partner, has so warned me about. I must say however that I have never been more excited about not having air conditioning (infamous last words?). Well, I will update again once I am situated in my new temporary home out on the farm.

Until then!
Daniela

2 comments:

  1. Daniela, we have not heard from you in a while. Is everything going well in India? What are you doing with your internship! Is internet access tricky for you in your location? We're excited to read your newest updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I have been taking many trips with the host family to different field sites! About to update now :) And it will be regular too. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete