Thursday, May 30, 2013

t-minus 24 hours!

It's crazy to think that in 24 hours I'll be sitting in traffic on my way to JFK airport where I will go to sleep on a plane and wake up in Ghana. My bags are halfway packed, my malaria pills have been started and my nerves are going crazy. I honestly don't think I have ever been so excited for something in my life. The experiences I'm going to have and the people I'm going to meet are going to be remarkable and I'm just anxious to get started. In the past week I have talked to previous interns and re-read every important information in my inbox. It's a scary thought that I might actually be ready and prepared to embark on this adventure that I have been planning for five months now. I'm probably going to miss the little things like my morning cup of coffee, water pressure in the shower, being able to look up anything and everything on my iPhone, ice cream and of course my friends and family. But in the end, it's only two months of my life and I'm dedicated to immersing myself in their culture as much as possible. On that note, next time you hear from me I'll be blogging from an internet cafe in Ghana!

1 comment:

  1. Sydney! Hope you arrived safely! I cannot wait to read more updates from you and the rest of the Ghana gang! I'm curious to see how much time the Cape Coast interns get to overlap since I know you are all living in really different areas. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete