Saturday, May 11, 2013

Tico life [J]

Hello everyone, my name is Jose. I am a 26 year old senior. I leave for Costa Rica June 14 for exactly two months. I will be doing research on voluntourism in the small town of Potrero; for which I am beyond excited. There are still a few things I must do before I go, including finish the EdGE program,  gather the necessary tools to pack, raise money, and say my personal goodbyes to family/friends.

These past few months have been stressful. I entered the global scholars network relatively late. Preparing for my trip while juggling school and work has been challenging. I chose to pay for my trip on my own. It seemed to be the honorable thing to do. In hindsight, I will likely reevaluate this decision and perhaps be proactive in fund-raising for my next trip.

On to the excitement.  I am looking forward to learning about another's cultures way of life, gaining experience in research, being away from capitalism and wealth, creating relationships, the scenery and wildlife, and dancing salsa. I am curious as to how I will react to adverse reactions. I will need to remind myself of what I've learned through the EdGE program. I love you and wish you all well.

No comments:

Post a Comment